October 1, 2019
High school seniors in Colorado, New Mexico, Utah and Wyoming encouraged to apply for Daniels Scholarship
DENVER, October 1, 2019—College-bound high school seniors in Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming are encouraged to visit DanielsFund.org to apply for the Daniels Scholarship Program. The application will be open from October 1 through November 15, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. MST.
The Daniels Scholarship Program provides the opportunity for highly motivated students to earn a bachelor’s degree that helps them build a successful career and rewarding life.
“Daniels Scholars are honest, respectful, self-reliant, and compassionate,” said Linda Childears, president and CEO of the Daniels Fund. “They are proud Americans who value our free enterprise system and are prepared to give the world their very best shot.”
he Daniels Scholarship can be used at any accredited nonprofit college or university in the United States. The goal of the program is to help each Daniels Scholar succeed in college and ultimately become independent, successful in a rewarding career, and actively engaged in their community.
This four-year, annually renewable college scholarship is a "last dollar" scholarship which covers the unmet need of the student after all other financial aid resources and their Expected Family Contribution have been applied.
If students choose to attend one of the Daniels Fund's 25 partner schools in Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, or Wyoming, the Daniels Scholarship will also cover their Expected Family Contribution. A complete list of partner schools can be found at DanielsFund.org/Scholarships.
Scholar eligibility requirements:
- Be a current high school senior graduating during the 2019/2020 academic year from a high school in Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, or Wyoming.
- Be a current resident of one of these four states and a citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
- Earn a minimum 3.0 high school GPA (on an unweighted 4.0 scale).
- Earn a minimum SAT Math score of 490 and a minimum Evidence-Based Reading & Writing score of 490, or a minimum ACT score of 18 in each category (writing score not required). Super scoring is not accepted.
- The applicant’s parent(s) or legal guardian(s) must have an Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) of $85,000 or less on the 2018 tax return on which the applicant appears. For claimed dependents beyond the applicant, there is an allowance for an additional $5,000 for each dependent and $15,000 for each additional dependent in college full-time during the 2019/2020 academic year.
- The Daniels Scholarship Program has provided more than $188 million in scholarships to over 4,160 students since the program was launched in 2000.
Images that are approved for use in coverage may be downloaded here.
About the Daniels Fund
The Daniels Fund, established by cable television pioneer Bill Daniels, is a private charitable foundation dedicated to making life better for the people of Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming through its grants program, scholarship program, and ethics initiative. Visit DanielsFund.org
to learn more.
Media Contact: Bruce Wilmsen