Application Period: September 30 - November 30, 2016
Deadline: 4:00 p.m. MST
Students who demonstrate the qualities Bill Daniels identified for the program, and who meet the eligibility requirements, should register and submit an application. For these details and more information on the Daniels Scholarship Program, click here.
How to apply?
- It will take a significant amount of time to gather information and complete the application. Applicants and recommenders should not wait until the last minute to start and/or submit an application or recommendation.
- The application does not need to be completed in one session; it can be saved and resumed. However, the complete application with supporting documents and recommendation must be submitted before the deadline.
- To get scores in time to apply, applicants must take the ACT on or before October 22, 2016 or the SAT on or before November 5, 2016.
FAFSA & SAR
- The first step in applying is to complete the 2017/2018 FAFSA at fafsa.ed.gov (accessible starting October 1, 2016).
- If submitted online, students will be able to access their Student Aid Report (SAR) 3-5 days after completing the FAFSA.
- The SAR indicates the student's Expected Family Contribution or "EFC".
- The next step is to complete the Daniels Fund's Eligibility Questionnaire, which will determine a student’s financial and general eligibility and whether or not they can proceed to the application.
- This step requires information from the Student Aid Report (SAR) and additional financial information from the applicant and his/her parent(s) or legal guardian(s).
- As part of the application, students must obtain a recommendation from a representative at their high school (principal, teacher, guidance counselor, coach, etc.).
- Recommenders must be at least 21 years of age and cannot be related to the applicant.
- Recommenders will be required to complete a confidential recommendation through the Daniels Fund's online application system.
- Recommenders will receive instructions and login credentials via email when the student designates them as the recommender on their application.
- An application without a recommendation will not be considered, so students must ensure their recommender meets the submission deadline.
- Applications and recommendations must be completed and submitted online at through the application website between September 30, 2016 and November 30, 2016 at 4:00 pm MST.
- Late, mailed, faxed, or emailed submissions will not be accepted.