Click below to learn more.
Every year, Daniels Scholars are selected from our four-state region of Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming. Daniels Scholars currently attend more than 200 colleges and universities in 44 states.
To date, the Daniels Scholarship Program has provided more than $108.5 million in undergraduate scholarships to more than 3,000 students.
- Strength of character
- Leadership potential
- Academic performance or promise
- Willingness to give back to the community
- Well-rounded personality
What are the eligibility requirements for the Daniels Scholarship Program?
To be eligible for the Daniels Scholarship Program, students must satisfy the following requirements at the time of application:
|▪||Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States|
|▪||Be a resident of Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, or Wyoming|
|▪||Be a high school senior graduating from a school in Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, or Wyoming|
|▪||Earn ACT scores of at least 17 in each category (math, English, reading, science); or an SAT math score of at least 400 and critical reading score of at least 440. All test scores must come from a single test, and must be submitted by the application deadline. Super scoring is not accepted.|
|▪||Demonstrate financial need|
How does the Daniels Scholarship Program determine financial need?
The Daniels Fund assesses financial need by evaluating a number of factors such as the income and assets of the applicants parent(s) or legal guardian(s), the income and assets of the
applicant, and individual circumstances.
Students do not need to be Pell eligible to be financially eligible for the Daniels Scholarship Program.
Unlike in previous years, applicants do not need to complete the FAFSA or College Board CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE as part of the application process.
Applicants must complete the first part of the online application, which is an eligibility questionnaire requiring financial information from the applicant and his/her parent(s) or legal guardian(s). Applicants who do not satisfy the eligibility requirements, will not be able to proceed through the application. Applicants who meet the eligibility requirements, will be required to submit documents that will be used to verify their eligibility, such as official ACT/SAT scores; citizenship and residency documentation; and financial documents.
|All sources of income are considered, such as:|
|▪||Salaries, wages, and tips||▪||Rental income|
|▪||Interest and dividend income||▪||Retirement and pension distributions|
|▪||Alimony and/or child support received||▪||Disability and/or Social Security benefits|
|▪||Business and farm income||▪||Housing, living, or food allowances|
|All assets are considered, such as:|
|▪||Cash and savings||▪||Business or farm assets|
|▪||Home equity||▪||Additional real estate properties, such as rental properties or second residences|
|Individual circumstances are taken into consideration, such as:|
|▪||Marital status of parents|
|▪||Number of parents children|
|▪||Number of parents children in college (undergraduate only)|
|▪||Legally independent status of students|
|▪||Who provides financial support|
The Daniels Scholarship Program does not offer full-ride scholarships. Instead, it is a last dollar scholarship program that is intended to cover the unmet need of the student. The scholarship amount is determined after all other financial aid resources and the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) have been applied. Amounts are different for each student and can change from year to year.
Daniels Scholarships are annually renewable up to a maximum of four academic years (8 semesters or 12 quarters) if all requirements of the Daniels Scholarship Program are met.
Daniels Scholars must attend one of the colleges or universities they have identified in their Daniels Scholarship Program application. The Daniels Fund strongly encourages high school students to apply to college by the end of December in their senior year.
- Financial assistance toward a four-year undergraduate degree
- Campus communities with events, activities, and support exclusively for Daniels Scholars
- Dedicated help and support from Daniels Fund associates and designated on-campus contacts
- Alumni Program, offering ongoing support and a lifelong connection to a network of Daniels Scholars
- Recognition as a Daniels Scholar
- A new laptop
- Maintain minimum academic requirements (2.0 GPA) while in college and be on track to graduate with a bachelors degree within four academic years
- Live on-campus during freshman year
- While in college, work in a paid position during the academic year (5 hours per week the first year in college and 10 hours per week every year after)
- While in college, participate in the Daniels Scholarship Enrichment Program, a series of online workshops led by local and national experts on topics including ethics, character, patriotism, civics, free enterprise, entrepreneurship, leadership, critical thinking, and etiquette
- Honor and live by the Daniels Scholar Code of Conduct
- Provide regular updates to Daniels Fund associates
- Meet deadlines to complete scholarship requirements and renewal documents
- Attend our scholarship orientation conference prior to freshman year
Applications and recommendations must be submitted online through the application website between September 15 and November 17, 2014 at 4:00 p.m. MST. As part of the application, students are required to submit documents that will be used to verify their eligibility, such as official ACT/SAT scores; citizenship and residency documentation; and financial documents.
All applicants will be notified in January whether they have been selected as a finalist, and finalists will be invited to participate in a personal interview. Interviews are conducted in February by community leaders in the state in which the finalist lives. Daniels Scholars are announced in March, and are required to attend our scholarship orientation conference in June.
For more information about the application process, visit the Apply page.
Application Period: September 15 - November 17, 2014 | Deadline: 4:00 p.m. MST
The application period is now closed.
The application period is now closed.