- Daniels Fund Scholarship Program
- » Overview
- » About the Daniels Scholarship Program
- » Boundless Opportunity Scholarship
- » Info for Daniels Scholars
- » Info for parents
- » Scholarship team
Tips for Parents - Spring
HELPFUL TIPS FOR PARENTS OF COLLEGE STUDENTS
Tips to consider during the Spring (January – April) semester:
- Remember to always use positive language with your student before college, during college and when home from college on break. Remember, they have changed! Do the same rules apply?
- Encourage your student to set goals for themselves during the term (i.e., study plans, meeting with professors, and going to library 3 x/week). Ask them if they are accomplishing these goals and whether or not it makes a difference.
- Guide your student and help EMPOWER them. If and when they meet a challenge, ask them about what resources they know that might help them. It can be as simple as a conversation with an RA, Advisor, or the Financial Aid Office. (Remember to ask in following conversations.)
- Remind them that they have earned this experience and that – in addition to your support -they have tons of support available from the Scholarship Team at the Daniels Fund if they ever start to feel unsure about being in college