Daniels Scholar Success Program
COLLEGE & UNIVERSITY PARTNERSHIPS
The Daniels Fund established the Daniels Scholar Success Program (DSSP) in an effort to support the success of each Daniels Scholar, and to strengthen relationships with our college and university partners. The program includes schools in Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming attended by three or more Daniels Scholars.
Each college/university identifies a campus liaison to serve as both a person for the Daniels Fund staff to work with and someone Daniels Scholars can use as a campus resource when they need assistance. Campus liaisons are valued partners — they are key in building the campus community with our partner schools, and they offer a wealth of information to Daniels Scholars.
WORKING WITH OUR PARTNERING INSTITUTIONS
The Daniels Scholar Success Program seeks to achieve four goals:
- Increase graduation rates and promote four-year graduation for Daniels Scholars.
- Create a sense of connectedness for Daniels Scholars to their institution, to each other, and to the Daniels Fund.
- Provide Daniels Scholars direct and regular access to support services and resources on their campus to assist them academically and socially.
- Facilitate involvement with leadership opportunities on campus.
Campuses participating in the Daniels Scholar Success Program will:
- Identify a campus liaison that will provide ongoing encouragement and support to Daniels Scholars, and will communicate regularly with a designated member of the Daniels Fund staff.
- Organize Daniels Scholar gatherings at least three times during the academic year. These gatherings will be coordinated with Daniels Fund staff.
- Connect Daniels Scholars with a variety of structured support services (including, but not limited to, financial aid, health services, organizational involvement, learning communities, academic advising, and tutoring).
For more information about the Daniels Scholar Success Program, please contact:
(303) 393-7220 | (877) 791-4726 (toll free)