Mission & Charitable Giving
Furthering the values and ideals of Bill Daniels
D aniels Fund, founded through the generous legacy of Bill Daniels, operates the Daniels Fund Grants Program and the Daniels Fund Scholarship Program in Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming.
Daniels Fund Grants Program
We provide grants to support nonprofit organizations in our four-state region, as well as some programs with national impact. Each year, approximately 70% of the Daniels Fund’s community investments are made through the Daniels Fund Grants Program in funding areas defined by Bill Daniels:
- Alcoholism & Substance Abuse
- Amateur Sports
- Early Childhood Education
- Integrity in Education
- Homeless & Disadvantaged
- K-12 Education Reform
- Youth Development
Daniels Fund Scholarship Program
The Daniels Fund Scholarship Program — consisting of the Daniels Scholarship Program and the Boundless Opportunity Scholarship Program — represents approximately 30% of the Daniels Fund’s annual charitable distribution.
The Daniels Scholarship Program is a four-year annually-renewable college scholarship for graduating high school seniors who demonstrate exceptional character, leadership, and a commitment to serving their communities.
The Boundless Opportunity Scholarship provides college scholarships for non-traditional students of all ages, awarded by select colleges and universities using funds provided by the Daniels Fund.
Honoring donor intent
We adhere to Bill Daniels’ direction regarding our charitable giving. As we do this, we strive to exemplify the values and ideals that shaped his life.
- Relationships are integral to our style of doing business.
- We believe in providing people with a hand-up to help them improve themselves, and eventually, help others.
- We strive to be a permanent and impactful resource in the communities we serve.
- An entrepreneurial spirit is ever-present in our work.
- We uphold ourselves, and those with whom we are associated, to high quality work and standards.
- We are committed to ensuring this organization continues to operate in a manner that serves as a model among, and advocate for, foundations nationwide.
Impact at a glance
In 2014, the Daniels Fund surpassed $583 million in grants and scholarships awarded since 2000.
In April 2014, 245 new Daniels Scholars were selected, bringing the total number of Daniels Scholars to 3,026.
Daniels Scholars currently attend 217 colleges and universities in 44 states, with approximately 67% attending school in our four-state region. At any given time, roughly 1,000 Daniels Scholars are pursuing 4-year degrees at colleges and universities across the country.
As of 2014, a total of 1,325 Daniels Scholars have graduated with a degree and have entered the workforce.